Competitors must be 16 years of age at the time of the event
Enter the Event
Entry opens 1st January 2019.
- Online Entries close Friday 31st May.
- Late registration is available in person from 12pm to 5pm Saturday 1st June at the Mackay Marina Run precinct Marina Village car park.
- Race bib must be collected on Saturday 1st June between 12pm and 5pm at the Marina Village car park on Mulherin Drive.
North Queensland Bulk Ports (NQBP) Half Marathon
Recommended arrival time:
Male - Reece Edwards 01:07:07 (2018)
Female - Victoria Beck 1:16:39 (2017)
Early Bird $80 (before April 1)
The course is a flat and fast out and back course which features a 10km loop in the middle stage.
Runners enter the loop off Harbour Road and enter the goose pond walkways prior to the first Pioneer river crossing and into the city. The course winds past the Caneland shopping centre onto the blue water trail, through the city and returning to the marina via the second river crossing and Harbour Road.
Back at the marina the final 2kms is a circuit through the spectacular marina village.
All all participants who complete the Half Marathon will be awarded a Half Marathon Finishers Medal.
Those registered prior to April 30 will be guaranteed a free half marathon shirt. Those registered after April 30 will be provided with a free half marathon shirt depending on availability.
Overall Place Getters (male and female)
- Half Marathon – NQBP prize sponsor - First place $1500 plus trophy and bonus $1000 for breaking the race record
- Second place $500 plus trophy
- Third place $250 plus trophy
Trophies for First Place in the Following Age Categories (male and female)
- 20 – 29
- 30 – 39
- 40 – 49
- 50 – 59
- 60 - 69
- 70 and over